Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

The immortal songs of Kabir..To the Free and wandering souls..Yugan Yugan..Hum Yogi...

More than 500 years ago.(c. 1440 – c. 1518).there walked a Prophet named Kabir in the rugged plains and mountains of India..The people of all faiths of that time..considered him to be a true mystic and realised soul..he composed many poems and prayers..many of which are sung till this day in India.
His songs reflected the highest spirituality and were often composed when he felt his oness with the Immortal Divine truth..
Here is the English Translation of one of his immortal songs Yugan Yugan hum yogi which means..From age age to age I am a  perfected and wandering Free soul..



Oh unattached being, I am a Yogi ( Free soul..) for many eons
I neither come nor go, I never perish, I experience the boundless Supreme
Everywhere in all directions, I see only myself in the fixed and diffused form
I am in everyone and everyone is in me but I am utterly alone)
(Avdhuta..Yugan Yugan) I am the pinnacle of achievement and epitome of peace, I am the silent, I am the speaker)The form is my own form manifesting the formless)

(Avdhuta..Yugan Yugan..)Says Kabir, Listen Oh Sadhu, There is no desire...The form is my own form manifesting the formless)
(Avdhuta..Yugan Yugan..)I play effortlessly in my own hut of my own desire

Oh unattached being, I am a Yogi for many eons...
The immortal words of Sant Kabir..Translated from the Hindi language into English. 



( The music for this song which is in the tradition of an Indian classic was composed  and often sung by the great Indian maestro and singer Pundit  Kumar Gandharva ) ( search you tube)

acknowledgement :Acharya Net.

No comments: